View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

This was the topic at the Living Sober meeting I went to. Learning to let go of the old tapes and learning to think and act a new way. Letting go of limiting beliefs, opening my mind to other things other than my way, and just because I have been doing things for 20 + years, doesn't mean I should continue doing them, old patterns don't make things right.

What served me in good stead, even in early recovery, may not be what I need in today. I must remember that it is just for today. All I have is this one day and it is what I make of it that counts in the long run.

My best thinking got me to the doors of recovery. I no longer have a drug problem, I don't pick up, a day at a time. What I have is a thinking problem, and I need to let go of the stinking thinking. I have to remember when it comes to mind, that it is part of my using, not my recovery.

Quote:
The future is made of the same stuff as the present.
—Simone Weil

The only lessons that matter for our lives at this time will come to us today. Just as what we needed and were ready for yesterday came yesterday, tomorrow insures more of the same. Concerning ourselves with any other moment but the present prevents us from responding when "the teacher appears."

Each Day A New Beginning
Love this, explains how I feel and how I try to think each day and expresses it so much better than I can.

As the old saying goes, "If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you are missing out on today.

How can I see what is happening in today if I am continually looking over my shoulder at the past or focusing my sight on the future. I can't see what is going on around me and I end up with tunnel vision.

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. You can't be ready in today, if you are still focusing on the past and the future.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote