View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Am I strong enough to show how...

Quote:
Friday, February 7, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.
—Leo Rosten

When we think of strength, do we think of someone who shows no emotion and intimidates others with physical power? True strength is the freedom to show all kinds of feelings. Strong people aren't afraid of being vulnerable. A person who feels insecure may not feel free to show any kind of softness or be able to share gentle feelings. If we have true inner strength, we are not afraid to show what is a part of us, gentle feelings included.

It is wonderful to see a well-conditioned athlete cry tears of joy after a victory. In such an example we can see physical and emotional strength. In our lives together, we will be stronger if we do not try to hide our feelings out of fear. As our feelings flow, we will increase our self-understanding and build our true strength.

Am I strong enough to show how I really feel today?
My ex-husband told me that I used my tears as a weapon and to stop it. I shut down and it took many years in recovery to get them back. Looking back, I had a reason for the tears and instead of letting them go, I internalized it and the anger and hurt ate me up inside.

It took a lot of strength to let it all go. My biggest fear was to allow myself to become vulnerable.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links