View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Passion and Desire

Passion and Desire

There are two things I'm passionate about doing in life in life - listening to music and eating good food. Now don't get me wrong there's lots of other things I like to do but these are things that I'm passionate about. When I get a new CD, I'll listen to it over and over until I know all the good songs. And when I eat out I enjoy each bite.

Last week I had to have a colonoscopy. This procedure requires going a day without food while taking laxatives to make sure you are cleaned out. It seemed like every commercial that day was for food. Boy did I miss eating.

Then it hit me, until I desire to read my bible and pray as much as I desire to eat, I am not all I should be. Until I pour over every chapter of scripture the way I listen to a new CD, I will not be as much like Christ as I'd like to be.

Psalms 42:1-2 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. 2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Why is it that if I skip a meal I get hunger pains but I felt nothing when I skip my morning prayer time? I am not the man I want to be. What about you? Do you hunger for the Bread of Life? Do you thirst for the Living Water?

Adam
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links