View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A friend sent me an e-mail and this is our exchange on the topic of drinking wine.

Wasn't appalling to me. I wrote that before I saw your e-mail. I love white wine. I just can't drink it safely. I got into my most trouble when I drank it. I did all the things it says in the e-mail. It led to some very unhappy circumstances. Not drinking does't bother me in today and I have no problem with others doing it if it doesn't affect their health.

Your e-mail made me laugh too. It was a real remember when. i.e. Going to a Legion Conference with my hubby. Went to a wine and cheese party. The waitress brought my friend and I a bottle of rose for her and white for me. We went back to the Legion for dinner and I continued the wine with dinner then switched to rye because I was full. At 3 a.m. I was sitting on the knee of the Membership Chairman for all of Canada and telling him that Coldwater was the best Legion in Ontario if not in Canada. If I remember rightly, all the old guys were wearing undershirts and boxers and I was in a red nightgown, my husband was there as drunk as a skunk and we were celebrating the District Manager's Humanitarian Award. I was so sick from alcohol poisoning the next day that I had to let him drive. We had to stop at the side of the road every 15-30 minutes on the way home for me to upchuck. When I got home I called the doctor. It was a Sunday. My husband left and went drinking with a buddy. I had a resentment that he was drinking without me. I had to wait four hours for the doctor to come and give me a shot in the ass to stop the nausea because all there was left was bile. My husband arrived home the same time as the doctor. I resented that he didn't stay home like a loving husband and give me the TLC that I felt I deserved and how dare he get drunk all over again when I felt so bad.

Yes a real remember when! No need to apologies my friend. It is my problem not yours. I am just glald that I can laugh at myself in today.

Luv...JO

Quote:
I am so sorry for sending you something that is very appalling to you.... Please accept my apology... I receive things like this from a good friend.. not that I do them but they just kind of make me laugh.. but I shouldn't laugh because for some it is not a laughable situation...
I apologize,
Maureen

It was because I found false courage and love in a little white wine that I wrote the following post from another site. The problem was I added rye, prescription pills (pain), and food to the mix.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote