View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

J is for Jaywalk. When we jaywalk, we are often crossing boundaries, running on self will, and just dong what we want to do, the heck with anyone else.

Quote:
Acceptance or perhaps I should say, "Lack of ..." Today I am feeling very, very old. Very, very tired and have had no direction and thought which seemed.worthy of following through on.

It wasn't until this afternoon that I made the decision to get out of my apartment, walk to the Denninger's Store around the corner from me and get some fresh air and exercise, that I felt a little better. From there, I got on a bus and went to my bank, then to the market and although tired, it was a nice kind of tired because I had accomplished something. I lay down for about an hour when I got home. I stuffed a chicken and made coleslaw then I was able to rest until it was time to put on the broccoli, make garlic mashed potatoes, and ended up making a white cheddar cheese saw for the broccoli and mushroom gravy to go with the mushroom stuffing. Ended up with a feast which added some fuel to the body and brain, not too sure about the emotions; I think they were probably well stuffed! LOL.

When I accept my disease, accept my limitations, accept the fact that the pain is always going to be there, so what am I going to do about it. I refuse to let it rule my life. I put my life on hold for two many years. Life is for living, and when I accept it, then I can deal with it. The nice thing was that I didn't take an extra-strength Tylenol (without codeine) until about twenty minutes ago to release some of the burning so I can hopefully, lie down and sleep.
From my site The Five A's from 2005.

Sounds like a familiar swan song for me. Here I am, 8 years later, still in pain, but still clean and sober. No jaywalking and getting off the recovery road, still need the program just as much in today as I did then, or when I came into recovery in 1991.

Have always loved this picture.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 12-01-2016 at 03:49 AM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote