View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 07:53 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 7

Wisdom for Today

I can't take any credit for my sobriety at all. I didn't stop drinking or using drugs by virtue of my own willpower or by something I did. I had nothing to do with it. Every time I tried to quit on my own or control my use I eventually failed. Abstinence was not something I could achieve. Control was out of the question. My recovery is simply the result of the grace of God.

Surrender was my only option. I had to admit defeat and accept that I was helpless and powerless when it came to my addiction. It was only when I finally owned up to this reality and honestly prayed for help that a door was opened for me. My Higher Power then knew I was ready. I became willing to let go absolutely and give my life and my will over to God, as I understand Him. I can take no pride in achieving abstinence or recovery. It was not something I did, but it was something that was done for me. It was a free gift. Do I have a grateful heart for what has been done for me?

Meditations for the Heart

Learning to turn my life over was perhaps the most difficult part of the process of recovery for me. Learning that I needed to check things out with my Higher Power before I acted was not easy. Asking God for direction and then following the direction given me is not always easy. There are still times that I want to take back control. There are still times when I get willful or stubborn. Whenever I do this, I find that my life gets off track. I am repeatedly forced to go back to this basic step. It is through this process that I have been changed. Relying on His strength makes this change possible. The only way I can accomplish progress is through, with and in God's power. Am I willing to walk with, work through and live in God's grace just for today?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Each day I know I need to turn my will and my life over to Your care. Sometimes this is hard. Forgive me when I get stubborn, and help me to get back on track. Let me walk with You, work through You and live in Your grace today?
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: