View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 07:32 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 9

Wisdom for Today

With all the noise and confusion I have in my life, it is important for me to take time for quiet time each day. It is in these quiet times that I find my relationship with God, as I understand Him, is improved and maintained. It is in these quiet times that I learn to depend on my Higher Power. Then when I am caught up in the noise and confusion of my day, I find it is easier to turn back to God for help along the way. In these quiet times I can both talk to and listen to God. I can meditate on the things that are important and learn to stay focused.

It is so easy to get distracted when I don’t take this time each day. For me it is something I do early in my day before the volume gets turned up. I also find that if I take time at the end of my day and reflect on how I was helped throughout the day, it is easier to have a grateful heart. When I find that I am being distracted away from what is important, I can stop for a few minutes of quiet reflection and get refocused. Do I seek out direction for what is most important in my life?

Meditations for the Heart

When seeking understanding of God, it is important to ask the right questions. It is easy to get caught up in asking ourselves, “What do I want God to be?” Perhaps a better question to ask is, “Am I open to let God reveal Himself to me?” God is who He is. To try and make God fit into a mold and be what we want is a silly attempt to try and control God. This is not to say that we cannot imagine the attributes that God has. Personally I find that it is easy for me now to see God as a friend. He cares and is also willing to be brutally honest with me. This has not always been my understanding, but one I had to grow into. This growth only occurred when I was willing to be open to God's showing me who and what He is. Have I stopped trying to make God into what I want Him to be?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Today as I start my day, let me think about You as a friend. Help me to be open to Your showing me how to grow in my faith. Let me remain focused on that which is important in my life. Help me to look to You in all that I do this day and to thank You for all that You do for me each day.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: