View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 12

Wisdom for Today

The alcoholic and addict face many deaths throughout their using career. There is death of relationships, death of careers, death of dreams and in some cases physical death. There is death of our spiritual self and death of who we are. When I was drinking and using, I lost sight of the "real" me and walked around wearing this mask. In recovery I had to rid myself of this mask and once again find the real me. I can remember the day when the tears flowed, and I realized that all that was important to me was dead. I turned to a Higher Power for help, because I knew I could not help myself. I had to find a way to take the mask off and once again face reality.

In the old spiritual song, "Amazing Grace," there is a line that goes, "I once was lost, but now I found, was blind, but now I see." I did not see so well with the mask on. I had become lost. I had experienced many types of death in my life. In the Twelve Step program I found a way out. My life was restored. Once again I could breathe, and there was a new hope for me. In turning my life over to God, I found myself again. The real me was still there. It had been lost, but in surrender I found the real me again. Am I alive again because of the program?

Meditations for the Heart

Every breath I take is a gift. In working the program, I cannot ignore the spiritual aspects of my growth. I need to breathe in the Spirit, who will guide me in all that I do. God's will enables me to accomplish much, for there is little I can do on my own. If I do that which is the will of God, I know and can be confident that my day will be good. Even when problems do exist, when I breathe in this Spirit, I am assured of not being given more than I can handle. Life does not always go the way I would expect or even the way I want; but when I am working my program and have a strong spiritual foundation, I know that God will care for me. When I let my spirit be in harmony with God's Spirit, I trust that we will make wonderful music together. Do I work to keep my spirit in harmony with God's Spirit?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Let me walk through this day with good sight. Help me to have no desire to put my mask back on. Let me not forget the deaths I have already experienced. Give me courage to live this new life in You and in every breath I take.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: