View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 01:33 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

We do recover from that hopeless state of mind and body - it promises us at the beginning of the Big Book. That doesn't mean my disease disappears, it is always there waiting in the wings waiting for me to forget it is there waiting for it's cue to come back on stage.

Thankfully we have daily reprieve, contingent on our spiritual condition, one day at a time. Just for today, I choose not to pick up, Just for today, I choose to live!

When I visited my sister today, I walked away with the thought, "She doesn't know or not willing to admit that she is an addict too, only her drug of choice is different than mine." She never used drugs, and didn't drink much, but she knew if she did, she would drink alcoholically. When I came into recovery, she stopped drinking Coolers. She is very much the Adult Child of an Alcoholic and a Codependent. I have those issues too. It takes one to know one. It is the thinking behind the substance, it all leads to the same soul sickness. I was told in Al-Anon, and I came to believe, that we are sicker than our As.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote