View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:23 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Don't think there is anything wrong with calling someone on their stuff if you feel led to do it. That person has a choice as to whether they agree with you, accept it, and do anything about it. I think it is better if it is asked for before it is given, but it depends on the circumstances and where you see someone is headed, especially if you see them heading for a relapse.

I felt compelled to do it a few times and then my sponsored told me, and visa versa, so I lost the desire to be so opened mouthed and in someone's face about it. As you say, I try to keep my side of the street clean, and I have a direct line to my God, but there are times, when I get busy and forget to call. Not a whole day, but if I am sitting on a nice pity pot, or have a nice resentment flurishing, or I have some glee rumbling around in my tum tum, I don't want to take the edge off just yet, and I postpone the call.

God grant me the Serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. I will to will your will, not mine be done. Amen.

Posted in 2012
When I see somone troubled, I try to share my experience, strength, and hope with them. That doesn't mean they have to take what I say and as what they have to do for themselves, but sharing that they are not alone and I am there for support. All I can do is share what happened with me. I have used some unconventional things, because as a guy who a shared the lift at the clinic yester said, "I am willing to try anything if it will help." The key for me was try. If it doesn't work, try something else. But for the most part, it works if I work for it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote