View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 03:09 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, October 4, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

The reason why birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.
—James M. Barrie

As children, we are taught to act and think with confidence. If we have faith that something wonderful can happen, it will bring us joy. Confidence gives us the will to succeed. Without faith, we invite despair. Faith lets us win by teaming us with love and hope. When things are going well, faith encourages growth. During hard times, faith falls upon trust for added strength and inspiration. It takes such a small amount of material things to have faith. Once, a four-year-old girl found a penny and showed it proudly to a stranger. The man scoffed, "What do you expect to buy with a penny?" The child with faith replied, "I can buy a wonderful wish at a wishing well with it."

What can I have faith in today?
This quote seems to be something I read recently. The freedom of recovery, I likened it more to a butterfly than to a bird, but when I worked the program, applied the Steps to my life, my life changed.

I developed a faith in the program, a renewed faith in my God, and faith in myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote