View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 06:30 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Monday, October 6, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

What we do upon some great occasion will probably depend on what we already are: and what we already are will be the result of previous years of self-discipline.
—H. P. Viddon

In the ninth inning of the baseball game with a tie score and the bases loaded, the batter hit a home run. The fans and the team cheered wildly, and the batter was jubilant.

What many fans did not know was that he had been playing on baseball teams for fifteen years. Many times he struggled without being noticed. He wondered if he was any good or not, and there were days he had to make himself go out and practice. He made many mistakes, but his love and dedication for the game had always won out.

It is the years of discipline that prepare us for our big moments in life. Daily practice and love give our lives a direction, even through times of doubt and despair. By doing our best each day and learning from our mistakes, we prepare ourselves for the big moments- - he home runs - in our lives.

How are my mistakes and pains today a part of my future success?
When I am in pain, I often trace it back to an action I did or did not do, like not getting enough rest or not eating the right food. Stress is a big trigger too, especially when it comes to Fibromyalgia. So when I look at my life it is too much worry and not enough acceptance. My expectations are too high and my willingness not willing. In other words, I need to go back to the Steps, go to my God and ask for help.

It isn't about the A in my life, it is about me and my attitude and how I handle my emotions and my life on life's terms.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote