View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 02:16 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, October 10, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

Look, the wind vane fluttering in the autumn breeze
Takes hold of certain things that cannot be held.
—Feng Chih

When we think we are losing our grip, we have good reason to look up. Consider the moon suspended in the sky, how it continues to come and go, follows its natural law, and never really loses face. Consider the sun, the stars, the seasons, how they refuse to abandon us, to let go of their hold on our lives. And come closer to home. We can marvel at the magic of small efficient things - the toaster and stove, the light in the room, the words in a good book that are permanent, faithful, and clear. We can consider how music, without saying a word, still speaks to us, and how a few friends, maybe miles away, continue to hang on to the strength of our small and faithful words.

We can keep in mind that we are part of a complex and loving system, and our grip can never be lost.

How do I see my unity with my surroundings today?
When I see others sharing on the site. I don't feel so alone. Me alone with me is not always good company.

Quote:
God Letter (Higher Power Letter)

I loved this exercise personally because it helped me break through the spiritual part of my recovery
so that I could do and finish my fourth step.

1. You Write a letter to God (higher Power) being totally and brutally honest with how you see everything.
from expectations to events etc ....

2.Finish that wait 15 minutes as you say a prayer

3. What does God (Higher Power) replies back and Write it don't think just write ....

You just might be surprised It was a very positive and uplifting experience for me I know it really worked for me and was a very positive experience

If I left anything out please add to it or address it if I have said it wrong Thanks so much this was a very valuable tool for me. Share as you wish if it worked for you.

What I will add is just this, Start with 2 pieces of paper on the first write Dear God..Higher Power whatever you choose for you Higher Power if you do not believe then write something maybe like.."Whoever" sounds rash but he or she understands. Then as JD said write everything on your mind.

After resting for 15 minutes pick up the second paper and write..example Majesty Jo (your name) and then start writing. You will be amazed at the answer. It works.

When all else fails in your life this can really help and its also something I use before I am at that place where I want to scream.

This is one amazing tool that is for sure... Instant gratification which all of us know feels soooo good.
Got this from another site. A good way not to be alone with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote