View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, October 11, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

A musician must make music; an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be.
—Abraham Maslow

The same is true of a seamstress, carpenter, homemaker, lawyer, or mechanic. The question is, who and what am I? What must I do to be at peace with myself? What can I be, for that is what I must be?

A lucky few of us find the answers to these questions fairly early in life, and we work to develop into the people we can be and must be. We do that by looking at our deepest desires, and ask what would bring fulfillment for us. We ask what we would enjoy doing most, what we believe we have the ability to be really good at. What is it that sometimes burns within us to be expressed or done? The answers to what we can be, what we must be, come from within, through asking ourselves these questions.

What kind of a person am I capable of being?
On a good day, I am capable of being a kind and loving person. On a day that I don't do my prayer and meditation, on a day that I allow my pain to rule my life, I can become a self-centered b*tch.

The only purpose and direction in my life is posting the readings and sharing recovery on the sites, and if I don't get that done, I feel like I am not living up to my standards and allowing 'things' to get in the way. Sometimes I am too hard on myself because I came to realize I had added on a lot of extra things to the sites to interest guests with the hopes that they will keep coming back, and a lot of the things I had trouble keeping up. So I just try to do what I can do, and be kind to myself so I can be kind to you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote