View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 04:36 AM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Monday, October 13, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

...(the king) can deprive them of the benefit of sun and rain, . . . and they are at the same time pelted from above with great stones, . . . while the roofs of theirAC houses are beaten to pieces.
—Jonathan Swift

How do we punish those momentarily gone wrong? Do we try hurting with words - jab them in the heart with some spear-shaped phrases, slap them in the face with an insult or two? Maybe we like to poison them with a strong dose of silence. Have we tried to make them feel bad by making them feel sorry for us? Do we remind them daily that what went wrong with our lives is really all their fault?

We must remember that we are the rulers of our own lives only, and this knowledge gives us the power to punish only ourselves. It also gives us control over our lives, so that others' actions need not wrong us, and we need not punish.

Have I been punishing someone?
As it says, we mostly punish ourselves and often don't realize how much we hurt others.

I try to share with the hope that others will see themselves in me and not have to take the road I took or if they find themselves on the same road, they can turn around or find the next road and take a detour.

Recogizing where we are at is so important. We can't do nothing if we are not aware, we just stumble along in the dark, if we don't turn on the light and don't look at where we are going and where we are at.

Things that have been good for us for many years just may not serve us in today and we need to change. It may have wore out it's welcome or we may have changed enough that we need more than what it provides. It isn't about right or wrong, it is about getting our needs met. If our God leads us to it, He will see us through it. If it is there, it doesn't always mean it is of the Devil's making, it just may be a new enlightenment sent to you by your God, a Gift for you in a new form and one that you need to implement into your life, throw away the old and make room for the new, or make adjust the old to make new in today.

It is about attitude, perception, and an open mind. Why do we want to continue to stay stuck in the old, continue to hurt ourselves, and others because we insist on stay stuck in the old, unwilling to change and mired in the past with feet of clay, which prevents us from moving forward with our life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote