Quote:
Wednesday, October 15, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

...ere it vanishes
Over the margin
After it, follow it,
Follow The Gleam.
—Alfred, Lord Tennyson

It is difficult to find words for the "Gleam" we pursue. What it is, we are never too sure. We see it best in our daily dreams, while we're staring out a window at nothing at all. Sometimes it appears between the words in a book; it is always sure to be there when we sit alone to write down our own thoughts. We see it in the autumn woods; feel its heavy breathing in ocean waves. It is suddenly a skylark in flight, a falling leaf, and a flower we have reluctantly picked. It makes us feel sad but good. It is always luring us on, always beautiful.

Is it love? Success? Peace? It may be any or all of these things, and we may find it through another person, or some talent we have, or a thing of beauty we stumble upon. And it is there within us, always, waiting to be found.

In what ways can I follow the Gleam I see in my life today?
For me, happy to have another day. Happier still, if I see the sun. What tops the day is when I see someone from the program and connect with someone in recovery, but then there are those who I see who I see who have relapsed, and are still out there, but they are still alive, which means there is still hope. They carry a great message to me.

It isn't any better out there. I thank them for doing my research for me. Just for today, I choose not to use.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote