Thread: We Do Recover
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 04:02 PM   #93
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
"We Are In This Together "

I did not know what I would find here, but surely it had to he better than the ugly mess that had become my life. What I have found here (and what has found me), is a spiritual connection, a new purpose in life, a safe haven where I may come and be spiritually recharged. From these rooms have come the sponsors who unselfishly gave of their time and shared their experience, strength, and hope, and guided me through the indispensable Twelve Steps of this spiritual path. They did not judge me as I bared my soul to them and stumbled through the highs and lows and self-pity-run riot of the early days of my sobriety. Then I learned to impart these miracle-making principles to others, and so I became a fellow of Alcoholics Anonymous. I learned to love all alcoholics and Alcoholics Anonymous and to desire that AA be forever available to all who need and want it.

---from Stan C. in AA Grapevine, January 2004, pages 12-13

AA Grapevine
When I got to the doors of AA, I felt like I had finally found a place that I could call home, even though I didn't think I qualified. I thought if I told them I was an alcoholic, they would let me stay and I could find out what it was they had, and I could get a little bit of what they had for myself.

I brought the body, and the mind followed. I knew I was an addict, but don't put that alcoholic label on me. In today, I know I didn't have a drinking problem, I had a thinking problem. I used alcohol like I used everything else. It doesn't what you call me, I can't use safely, no matter what substance I pick up.

The skunk means respect. How little we respected ourselves. Respect has to be earned. It took a while.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote