View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:14 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, April 8, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

The Enemy Within

Why do we self-destruct? The problem of evil has been with us ever since the serpent tempted Eve to eat the apple. We often feel at war internally, one self-fighting another self.

There are forces that would have us abandon our program, and usually we find the temptation coming from within. We become careless, bored, lackadaisical in our efforts. Instead of disciplining ourselves to further spiritual growth, we rest on our oars and then wonder why we are drifting downstream!

There is nothing wrong with our bodily appetites, except when we allow them to take control. Then they will destroy us. Sane, healthy living requires that we acknowledge our spiritual needs. When our Higher Power is in control, we work for emotional and spiritual growth as well as physical satisfaction. Instead of being divided internally, we are integrated. The enemy within is subdued in the only way possible - by God's power.

Defeat the enemy within me. Lord.
So often that enemy is me. I have to get out of the way so my God can work through me, instead of around me. I can be my own worst enemy. I may blame the devil, and say `The devil made me do it,` but that is giving up my power through my God, and playing the blame game. It isn`t the drug, food isn`t my enemy, it is my thinking behind it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote