View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, August 21, 2015
You are reading from the book Food for Thought
Fake Gods

Our Higher Power is that which we can turn to in times of stress. In the past, we turned to food, thus making it in fact our Higher Power, even though we may not have realized what we were doing. Food is not capable of being a Higher Power for anyone; food is a thing. By turning to food in stressful situations, we cheated ourselves with a false god.

Lurking in the back of our mind, there may still be some false gods. We may think that more money or an exciting love affair would give us permanent security and happiness. The desire for popularity may be deluding us into thinking that we can please everyone if we try hard enough.

The beauty of the OA program is that it shows us, day by day, the Higher Power who will not let us down. As we see our false gods for what they are, we grow in truth. Daily communion with God as each of us understands Him gives us an intimate relationship with the One to whom we can turn in times of stress.

Thank You for revealing my false gods.
I was told that ANYTHING that I put between my and my God, and His Will for me, becomes my god for the day.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote