View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 09:46 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, August 28, 2015
You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Willingness

When we were overeating, we were negative and fearful. We alternated between avoiding work and feeling responsible for everybody and everything. An important part of our recovery is willingness: we become willing to change, willing to abstain, willing to learn. As we work the program, we become willing to allow our Higher Power to remove our character defects.

All of this does not happen overnight. When we get discouraged and make mistakes, we are willing to try again. We are willing to follow the lead of our Higher Power. As we see evidence of His care, we begin to trust that He will not require of us more than we are capable of doing.

To be willing is to hold ourselves ready and available for God's direction. We do not jump into situations prematurely, and we do not close our minds in refusal to change. We are willing to grow and serve and, especially, willing to believe.

Increase my willingness.
Many times I have had to pray for the willingness to be willing to be willing, especially when it comes to chocolate.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote