View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dec 16, 2004

Quote:
Guidance

"I [Bill W.] was in this anything-but-spiritual mood on the night [in December 1938] when the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous were written. I was sore and tired clear through. I lay in bed at 182 Clinton Street with pencil in hand and with a tablet of scratch paper on my knee. I could not get my mind on the job, much less put my heart in it. But here was one of those things that had to be done....

Finally I started to write. I set out to draft more than six steps [used by Oxford Groups]; how many more I did not know. I relaxed and asked for guidance. With a speed that was astonishing, considering my jangling emotions, I completed the first draft. It took perhaps half an hour. The words kept right on coming. When I reached a stopping point, I numbered the new steps. They added up to twelve."

© 1957, Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pages 160-161
Many people say, it is all in the Big Book. That may be, but what kept me sober were the Twelve Steps. Without them, I would not be sober today. I will be every grateful for the Twelve and Twelve, they are a blueprint to living for me.

Many people say, The Twelve Traditions are for the group. They are also spiritual tools which I need to apply to my own life.
This is a spiritual program based on no particular religion, don't leave anyone outside the circle. We all qualify for recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote