View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Something to be aware of. I was told that I didn't qualify for serviced work until I had 2 years in recovery. Two years doesn't always sobriety, for me that took time.

I was able to go on a NA 12 Step call with a fellow member. She was from out of town and new to the city. It ended up she left and I stayed with the addict. She was a speed addict, I didn't have a clue as to what speed was, didn't even know what it looked like. But it wasn't about the drug, it was about being there for a still suffering addict, and I stayed so she wouldn't be alone. The other person was tired and said she had other commitments, and I wasn't working, on disability, and didn't have a better place to be.

I was asked by a guy from another group in AA to go with him to share with a couple. He said, "It may not appear as we did much but we have sewn the seed." That has stuck with me for the last 21 years.

Service is why I have stayed sober and God willing, will be celebrating 23 years of living one day at a time. I don't like to think of what my life would be like if I didn't have my computer and couldn't come and share with you.

Love this picture. I did do service by cooking for girls in the recovery house that I went to after I graduated. I had about 6 months sober.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote