View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, June 14, 2015
You are reading from the book Food for Thought
Positive Addiction

Since we seem to have addictive types of personalities, we can make this characteristic work for us, rather than against us. We can develop life-enhancing habits - positive addictions.

The OA program is an example of positive addiction. We become habituated to writing down a food plan, attending meetings, making phone calls, and working the program. We replace the negative addiction to compulsive overeating with a positive commitment to abstinence.

Other activities, which we perform regularly take on the character of positive habits. Exercise is a healthy routine. Hobbies and creative self-expression can be habitual parts of our daily schedule. Whenever we choose a life-enhancing activity and perform it regularly until it becomes an ingrained habit, we are using our addictive tendency to build ourselves up rather than tear ourselves down.

Thank You, Lord, for positive addictions.
This is true but anything to excess is still harmful. They substance is but a symptom of our disease. When things are out of balance in my life, my life become unmanageable.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote