View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 07:05 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, June 15, 2015

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Our Barometer

When we find ourselves preoccupied with thoughts of food, we know that something is wrong. Our obsession acts as a barometer, which measures emotional pressure. If we are out of tune with our Higher Power, if doubt, resentment, and egotism are taking over, then our disease symptoms begin to surface. It is time to stop and take inventory.

The experiences, which other compulsive overeaters share with us, give insight into our own behavior. We gain a sharper awareness of our own defects and are less prone to blame external circumstances for our hurts and difficulties.

If we are becoming obsessed with food again, or if we are rationalizing deviations from our eating plan, we need to carefully examine our emotional and spiritual life. Something is out of gear. Concentration on Steps Ten and Eleven is especially important when compulsive thoughts and behavior indicate that all is not well.

Make me sensitive to the state of my emotional and spiritual health, I pray.
When my systems says "Yeah!" instead of "Nay!" I know that I am acting out in my disease says `Yes`this won`t hurt you, my program say `Nay`to what is harmful to my health and well being.

I know I should say `Nay`to brownies, but when I eat them any way, I am acting out in my disease. My God and I are working on this, along with thoughts of an Aero chocolate bar.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote