View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 04:30 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thursday, June 19, 2015

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Taking Inventory

Blaming circumstances and other people for our difficulties, including compulsive overeating, is counterproductive. We cannot control external circumstances or other people, but we can work on changing ourselves. In order to change, we first need to be aware of the attitudes and characteristics, which get us into trouble. If we overeat or have a tantrum when we do not get our own way, then we need to learn how to function without demanding that everything should go according to our personal schedule and preference.

We take inventory in Step Four and we continue to take it in Step Ten. It is a valuable tool for our growth. The amazing result is that as we recognize and begin to correct personal defects, our relationships with others improve tremendously. With a positive change in our attitude and behavior, there is a corresponding change in the way other people respond to us.

Taking inventory involves recognizing our good qualities as well as our weaknesses. In OA, we measure our wealth not by what we have but by what we have given.

Teach me to give.
Until I could do an honest Step 4, I was told to work Step 10. Remember recovery starts with me. No one else can do it for me. I am the one who needs to be honest, open, and willing.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote