View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #12
yukonm
Administrator

February 12

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

In any meeting, anywhere, A.A.'s share experience, strength, and hope with each other, in order to stay sober and help other alcoholics. Modem-to-modem or face-to-face, A.A.'s speak the language of the heart in all its power and simplicity. - Pg. xxiv - Foreword To Fourth Edition

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Slogans seem silly but they are important tools: first things first; one day at a time; kiss. We say them frequently because we need to burn them into our thoughts. Slogans are not 'fillers' for reluctant speakers. They embody important principles necessary to our path of recovery.

With the next slogan I hear, let me really HEAR it, know its importance, and practice it.

Treasures

If I am alive then I need to look around me and feel thankful for the gifts that are mine. There is so much to be grateful for if I am willing to consider the blessings I already have. There is a wisdom in gratitude because what I focus on with appreciation has a way of expanding in my life. If I erase my blessings, I don't feed them with the grace of gratitude. If I give thanks for them, I show the creative force that brings forth all good things that I am worthy enough to appreciate what has been so generously given to me.

I know enough to say thank you

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

You are either progressing or regressing. There is no such thing as standing still; there is no such thing as simply 'gressing.'

I can only coast one way, and that's downhill.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Sobriety is never an accident.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

As I let go of all the negative tapes that block my truth, I trust and follow the energy that leads me to peace and joy.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Willpower tells me I must. Willingness tells me I can. - Anon.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote