Old 05-06-2014, 01:35 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, May 6, 2014

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Feeling Good

Make yourself feel good.

It's our job to first make ourselves feel better and then make ourselves feel good. Recovery is not only about stopping painful feelings; it is about creating a good life for ourselves.

We don't have to deny ourselves activities that help us feel good. Going to meetings, basking in the sun, exercising, taking a walk, or spending time with a friend are activities that may help us feel good. We each have our list. If we don't, we're now free to explore, experiment, and develop that list.

When we find a behavior or activity that produces a good feeling, put it on the list. Then, do it frequently.

Let's stop denying ourselves good feelings and start doing things that make us feel good.

Today, I will do one activity or behavior that I know will create a good feeling for me. If I'm uncertain about what I like, I will experiment with one behavior today.
There are a lot of natural highs in recovery. So many good, good feelings, if we open ourselves to be aware and appreciate them. Just waking up each morning is a gift in and of itself. Remembering what happened yesterday is bonus.

Don't have to be an alcoholic or a drug addict to shut off and shut down. We use people, places, and things to take us out of reality.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote