View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #2
yukonm
Administrator

March 2

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

We feel that elimination of our drinking is but a beginning. A much more important demonstration of our principles lies before us in our respective homes, occupations and affairs. - Pg. 19 - There Is A Solution

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

During crisis, we must not act as isolated persons with nothing gained from fellowship. We stick together. If one of us pulls away, we pull them back. WE recover as WE, not as an I.

As I walk this road of recovery, let me know I don't walk alone. In fact I march in an army of WE.

Being Authentic

I will stop fighting with myself and give my mind, body and heart the rest and inner quiet that they are craving. I'm not going to rush myself into wellness or force my thoughts into a phony sort of gaiety. I will accept myself as I am and feel what I feel. Thoughts and feelings won't kill me. Resisting the ones I don't want to experience puts me in a constant struggle with my own insides. My random thoughts and feelings are trying to tell me something. If I turn away and refuse to listen, I only hurt myself. Instead I will let the adult in me listen to those younger, fearful or anxious selves that are bubbling up inside of me just as a loving parent would allow a child who is hurt to pour out all of their feelings knowing that the simple act of pouring, it in itself, the cure.

I am willing to know myself

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

If people don't agree with you, so what? If people do agree with you, so what? Our program is one of suggestions, not conformity.

I do not need to conform to be comfortable. 'Comfortable' is conscious contact, not conscious copycat.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Change your behavior to meet your goals, not your goals to meet your behavior.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I am letting go of all energy that is resisting the truth about me. That energy is being replaced with positive and loving energy, and I am accepting that I am okay just the way I am.

I am now open to see the miracle of love in my life.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

If everyone approached getting their driver's license like they approach the Twelve Steps, I'd have the highways to myself. - Ted H.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: