View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 04:06 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site Jullian. Are you a recovering alcoholic or addict yourself, or a counsellor through studies.

I knew I was an addict but was in complete denial about being an alcoholic, even though I went to AA, I wanted what they had. I didn't want to wear a label that I put on my dad and ex-husband. As my son said, "I am an alcoholic, I don't care." He has been in treatment 5 times and each times goes back out. His disease took him to beer, weed, cocaine and crack. The beer has been a constant, and he says, even if he gave up beer, he is not willing to give up weed. Don't care if parts of the country makes it legal, it is still a mind altering drug. Most times people who use it get that I don't care and lose all inhibitions.

I just remembered a time when I met this guy who was tall dark and handsome. He had on a black T-shirt, jeans, leather jacket and boots. He joined me for coffee and he informed me he didn't drink but there was nothing better than sitting down in his easy boy chair and having a great big joint to take away all his cares and stress. I would rather go to my Higher Power.

My dream guy I thought I had met became a nightmare.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote