View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 09:36 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, April 5, 2015
You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Fears

Do you eat when you are afraid? Many of us do. When we were babies, being fed brought the safety of our mother's arms. As adults, we subconsciously give food a sort of magic ability to ward off real or imagined danger.

There are times when food may serve as a temporary tranquilizer, but overeating prevents us from facing what we fear and learning how to deal with it. Eating compulsively, moreover, usually produces a feeling of guilt and a fear of "getting caught." The fear that we will not be able to stop eating is added to the fear that prompted us to reach for food, and the more we eat, the greater our fears.

Many of our fears are groundless and irrational. Through contact with our Higher Power, we are given the sanity, which causes them to disappear. Those fears that remain are often the result of the self-centeredness, which prevents us from turning our lives completely over to God. When we give Him absolute control, we have nothing to fear.

May I love You enough to let go of my fears.
So much of my life was fear based. I can remember being fearful at 6 years old. I had a safe place, a woods between my grandparents farm and home. Once I reached that place, I was okay. It was to that safe place I went to in meditation when I came into recovery, where there were birth and maple trees, black-eyed Susan's, daisies and buttercups. Whether they were groundless or not, they seemed very real to me. I had to feel safe in order to let them go. With my God, I felt safe and learned to have faith in Him.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote