Prayer for the Morning

For the bird who sings outside my window,
For the tree that stands outside my door,
For the neighbor who waves and says "good morning",
I give you thanks dear God, for these and more,

Your blessings every morning know no limit,
Yet I often rush by not seeing them, I fear;
Let me take a moment this and every morning, God, I pray,
To remember all of them, and know that you are here.
Amen.

Meditation

[The blessings I have that I have not earned.]

Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples. Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love, and that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation; Teach me to be Your faithful disciple and animate me in every way with Your Spirit. Amen.

Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus who was made unto me wisdom. I resist confusion about Your will for me, and trust in You, leaning not unto my own understanding. As I acknowledge You in all my ways, You direct my paths. Growing in grace I am learning to trust in You completely, and You will show me the path of life. Confusion is far from me. Thank You Father, in Jesus’ name. Amen

Dear Lord, help me not to be afraid to admit that this is Your world, Your creation, and that You gave me life. ... Help me not to water down my words because some are non-believers, or because some believe in other gods. ... How will they ever know You if we who believe are coerced into keeping silent by those who make civil liberties their creed? ... Oh Lord, let Your Holy Spirit fill me with a holy boldness, and also the wisdom as to when and how to use it.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, I pray that I may always be found clothed in love and kindness. Make me worthy to minister to those who may be dependent on me, and whether they be rich or poor, high or low, may I try to help them. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your love and patience with all of us as Your children. Father, we ask You to deliver us from pride and foolishness and give us Your wisdom. Give us the strength to do all that is before us each day. May we do our work as unto You and not unto men. May our labors count for something. Let us lead good and pure lives before those whom we live and work with. Lord, deliver us from the temptation to lie. May truthfulness always be found upon our tongues. Help me to be a good witness to all that I come in contact with. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For A Close Walk With the Lord”

Father, Your steadfast love never ceases and Your mercies are renewed daily. You deliver, heal, restore, and sustain us. Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning. In Your compassion You delivered the Israelites time after time and You do the same for us. We’ve grown to expect it and therefore we often take for granted Your kind provisions, Your delivering power and Your sustaining grace that guides us through each step of our journey. We can walk in confidence because we walk in step with Your Spirit, for Your Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. We need not fear the future but trust You for everything we have need of. It is in Christ’s name that we pray. Amen.

Lord God, unite us with Jesus Christ, the risen and living One. Unite us so that our lives are completely submerged in your will through Jesus Christ. Tear us loose from all that tries to bind us to earth. Make us free people who always lift their heads and look up because their redemption is approaching. Almighty God, we trust in you, however difficult the times may be. Remember all peoples, for it is your will to gather them into your kingdom. You, O God, are our refuge and our help. In you we trust until the end. Amen.

Dear Father, please protect me in my journey and light my way. Forgive me when I do wrong for I am trying.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: