Thread: God Box
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
krafty

Default God Box

A family member recently called & left a message that she wanted to talk to me. When I heard the recording, I was immediately flooded with fear & apprehension. She’s an alcoholic who doesn’t drink but who still overflows with the “isms” of the disease. Based on some previous experiences, I anticipated she would attack me about something I said or did of which I was unaware.
>
> My first reaction was to call her right back so that I could get it over with. Despite my anxiety, I decided to meditate. Before doing so I wrote down my fear and put it in my God box. I reminded myself of S-1 through S-3. Then I settled down for a deep meditation followed by a restful nap, I still felt anxious when I awoke, so I applied my favorite decision making slogans, “1st things 1st”, and Let go & let God.”
>
> When I finally returned her call, it turned out to be less confrontational than I had imagined. I thanked my HP for giving me yet another opportunity to apply the program & maintain serenity in spite of my fears.
>
>
>
> Thought for the day
>
> When fear tempts me to abandon my responsibilities to myself. Practicing my program will help me resist the trap.
>
>
>
> “I pray that I may not fall into the error of anticipating trouble, if it should come, let me meet it with equanimity & love.”
>
>
>
> (Hope for Today, pg-118)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 332.jpg (27.3 KB, 3 views)
krafty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krafty For Sharing:
Sponsored Links