View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

When I came into recovery, it was suggested to me to find someone who had what I wanted. It was also important to find someone who identified with me. When I got a woman sponsor in NA, she said she couldn`t relate to me because I didn`t do street drugs. I always knew I was an addict, some is good, more is better, no matter what my drug of choice is in today. Every time that old stinking thinking creeps in, I know it is time to work my program, and calling my sponsor is a part of that.

I let her go as a sponsor and continued using the gentleman who was my spiritual advisor, and though he knew the NA program and was an addict, he chose to get his recovery in AA.

I found it was necessary to find someone I felt comfortable sharing with. My sponsor travels a lot and not always available, but when we connect, we just pick up where we left off.

I was told there were no rules, they were just suggestions, but I found them to be darn well betters or I found myself falling back instead of moving forward in my recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote