View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #10
yukonm
Administrator

September 9

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

'Once an alcoholic, always and alcoholic.' Commencing to drink after a period of sobriety, we are in a short time as bad as ever. - Pg. 33 - More About Alcoholism

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Do you have a phone list of clean and sober people in the program? If yes, call one person right now and share a clean and sober morning greeting. If not, take this book and begin a sober list in the back. Collect names and numbers at the meeting you go to today.

People say, 'Call me anytime.' Let me know that as long as I am clean and sober, they mean it!

Forgiveness

Today I recognize forgiveness as the quickest road to freedom and serenity. When I forgive my past, I release myself from the grip that it has on my present. I no longer carry that heavy baggage around with me. It is difficult to live in peace today if I am psychically engaged in yesterday's battles. But I cannot forgive and release what I do not first feel and come to terms with. The type of forgiveness that bypasses this stage only pays lip service to letting go. I will do what I need to do today to process fully the issues in my life that remain unresolved so that I can let them go.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Take a breath and hold it. Take another and hold, hold, hold. You can see that you can't live on the inhale alone. The inhale is the breath of the program bringing you life. The exhale is you working with others.

I inhale healing for my soul and exhale hope for others.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Your situation is your situation, not your problem.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

It feels so comforting when I trust my own truth.

It is both powerful and peaceful to know that we are all at choice. Each and every one of us is being led on a path of peace and love.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Alcoholics Anonymous is an utter simplicity which encases a complete mystery. - Bill W.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote