Thread: Control
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Control

Quote:
Today, I will be open to giving and receiving the healthiest love possible. I will watch for discrepancies between words and behaviors that confuse me and make me feel crazy. When that happens, I will understand that I am not crazy; I am in the midst of a discrepancy. ... by Melody Beattie
This is a good quote. It reminds me of what I was taught in the rooms of recovery and in therapy, "This is what I heard you say, is that what you meant to say?" This is how I took your words to mean, was that your motive and intent?" I didn't hear all that you said, I am not clear on your meaning, would you please repeat that.

I am sorry, I am having a senior moment, I your words are not computing in the moment, let me get back to you. No matter what way you put it, communication is important.

I have Fibromyalgia, and Fibro Fog is a real thing. Sometimes, things just don't get through, either I don't see them, I forget they are there, whether it is short or long-term, memory is not a strong point. Don't ask me why I was ticked off at you yesterday, let alone last week. If I am suppose to be serious, angry and resentful, I am sorry, I forgot.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links