View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #88
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
What is spirituality? What do I need to feed my soul and kindle my spirit?

For me it is about being whole and connected to the God of my understanding. Food for the soul can be anything from a daily reading, to a smile or a kind word from a stranger, a hug, a sunny day such as I am seeing out my window with sailboats gliding over Hamilton Bay (you can't see the polution, all you can see is the pretty picture), word from a friend I haven't heard from in a long time or just a phone call from a loved one. Picking up the phone because someone comes to mind. Giving a smile or a hug to someone who crosses your path. The other morning, while waiting for the bus to go to the meeting, I was sitting on my walker, and a gentleman who I didn't know, walked by me and said hello. Didn't break stride, just kept walking but acknowledged me as a person.

For me it is also getting out my candles and meditating, using my crystals and using them for meditatin and prayer and asking for the healing and comfort I need in the moment. Giving what was so freely given to me back to others. It doesn't always come from the same source, and it doesn't always go back from where it was received. Yet when I acknowledge it, open up to receive it, accept it, gives thanks for it, it is mine to pass on to someone else.
Originally posted on my site Freedom of Angel

.. there is no cure except to keep so close to the thought of God that nothing, no other interest, can seriously come between you and God. Sure of that, you can stay on God's side.

24 Hours A Day

What an empowering thought. My spiritual advisor use to say that anything that came between me and who my God would have me be, becomes the god of my life. I need to stay close to Him and not let the outside things take over my obsessive, compulsive mind.

This is a one day at a time program. It is a program of practice, practicing the spiritual principles of the program. I can't, my God can....

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote