View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 03:58 AM   #30
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, November 30, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

I've never sung anything that I wasn't ready to sing.
—Claudia Schmidt

Most of us are curious about the "olden days" before we were born. We ask our parents what life was like when they were kids, what they did, what they looked like, and what they thought about. But most of us, even those who are parents ourselves, have probably never asked our parents, "Were you ready to go to school, to grow up, to get married, to get a job, to have me?"

So often we are afraid to take even a small new step, afraid of change. We feel so alone in our uncertainty. From our point of view, if often looks as though everybody's ready except us.

Perhaps another way to look at it is that, for most of our lives, readiness really isn't much of an issue. Were we ready to be born? Were we ready to walk, to read, to sing? Maybe we were; maybe not. What's important is what we did, not what we were ready to do. For life is mostly a matter of jumping in feet first shouting, "Here I come, ready or not!"

What am I going to do today, ready or not?
My laundry, my laundry, my laundry! Osho says that doing dishes, which I guess means all forms of house works, can be a form of housework can be an act of meditation. I need a change of attitude to bring about change and have my defect of character, procrastination removed. Laundry has bee a thought which hasn't been followed up by action for several days.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote