View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #7
yukonm
Administrator

February 7

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

In face of collapse and despair, in the face of the total failure of their human resources, they found that a new power, peace, happiness, and sense of direction flowed into them. This happened soon after they wholeheartedly met a few simple requirements. - Pg. 50 - We Agnostics

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

You will feel powerless at times, yet once you live through your withdrawal and early confusing recovery, your resiliency to endure, survive, and thrive will amaze you. You are in a unique position to learn from this, turn around, and offer help to others. You are, at this very moment, learning skills that will help other addicts and alcoholics in the future. This is a gift.

I thank my Divine Source for the ability to view the good in the journey I now take.

Giving of Myself

I will not give things instead of love. I will recognize that the people who need and depend on me for that sustaining kind of love and attention will be hurt and confused if I ignore their real need for me. I need to give those who are close to me real love. They have cast their fate with mine and I owe them this. They depend on me and I need to understand that and step up to the plate and do what's necessary and right. I will also be appropriately grateful, when those I need and depend upon give me the caring and concern that nourishes my heart.

I give of my time and attention

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Some recovering addicts take comfort in their complexity as if they are the exceptionally wounded. They worry their wounds and pick at their pain, giving themselves permission to be difficult, slow, and self-absorbed. Are you simply healing to your own internal rhythm or giving yourself excuses to be difficult?

I don't make the pity pot too comfortable.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Align your actions so they are in agreement with the picture you paint of yourself at meetings.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I feel my entire body unwinding and relaxing as I give up my resistance and struggle. Today I accept life as it comes and learn to flow with it with peace.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Alcohol gave me wings to fly, then took away my sky. - Anon.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote