View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 06:40 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4

Deuteronomy 10:19, NLT "So you, too, must show love to foreigners, for you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt."

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Today’s Scripture: James 3:2-5 (NLT): Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.

We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.

But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.

Today’s Thought: The tongue is so small but yet a very powerful body part. We must try to use it to build each other up instead of tear each other apart.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that only wholesome words come out of my mouth today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. —1 Corinthians 10:13
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote