View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for Today
The Choice is Mine

1. Just for today I will try to live through this day only, not tackling all of my problems at once. I can do something at this moment that would discourage me if I had to continue it for a lifetime.

2. Just for today I will try to be happy, realizing my happiness does not depend on what others do or say or what happens around me. Happiness is a result of being at peace with myself.

3. Just for today I will try to adjust myself to what is and not force everything to adjust to my own desires. I will accept my family, my friends, my business, my circumstances as they come.

4. Just for today I will take care of my physical health; I will exercise my mind; I will read something spiritual.

5. Just for today I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out. If anyone knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least one thing I don't want to do, and I will perform some small act of love for my neighbour.

6. Just for today I will try to go out of my way to be kind to someone I meet. I will be considerate, talk low, and look as good as I can. I will not engage in unnecessary criticism or finding fault, nor try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.

7. Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests - hurry and indecision.

8. Just for today I will stop saying, "If I had time." I will never find time for anything. If I want time, I must take it.

9. Just for today I will have a quiet time of meditation wherein I shall think of my Higher Power, of myself, and of my neighbour. I shall relax and seek truth.

10. Just for today I shall be unafraid. Particularly, I shall be unafraid to be happy, to enjoy what is good, what is beautiful, and what is lovely in life.

11. Just for today I will not compare myself with others. I will accept myself and live to the best of my ability.

12. Just for today I choose to believe that I can live this one day.

Slogans we use

Let go and let God
You are not alone
One day at a time
Live and let live
First things first
Look for the good
By the grace of God
Know yourself - be honest
This too shall pass
I need people
Keep it simple
I have a choice

Quote:
Emotions Anonymous (EA) was formed by a group of individuals who found a new way of life by working the twelve-step program of Alcoholics Anonymous, as adapted for people with emotional problems.

We invite you to discover, as we have, that our EA fellowship of weekly meetings is warm and friendly, and that it is also important for achieving and maintaining emotional health.

The Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions are our guides for our meetings and for living one day at a time because ours is a twenty-four hour program.

Emotions Anonymous is a non-profit organization, supported by the voluntary contributions of its members.

We thank Alcoholics Anonymous for their permission to use the program, and we thank the God of our understanding for guidance.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote