View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Take Care of Yourself

Quote:
More Language Of Letting Go

Take care of yourself

For once a person begins on this path of knowledge they will only look inward, learning how to fix themselves, instead of trying to fix other people.

–Rav Brandwein

Letting go doesn’t mean we don’t care. Letting go doesn’t mean we shut down.

Letting go means we stop trying to force outcomes and make people behave. It means we give up resistance to the way things are, for the moment. It means we stop trying to do the impossible– controlling that which we cannot– and instead, focus on what is possible– which usually means taking care of ourselves. And we do this in gentleness, kindness, and love, as much as possible.

Have you tricked yourself into believing there’s someone you can control? If you have, tell yourself the truth. Stop trying to have power where you truly have none. Instead, exercise your will in a way that will bring results. The one power you always have is the ability to let go and take care of yourself.

God, help me make letting go and taking care of myself a way of life.
It is ironic that my son said to me today, "You need to keep up your energy mom. You need to do what you need to do to feel better. He said, "Like me, I ride my bike, I go to work, and I keep myself healthy, fit, and strong." Be careful that your words don't come back and bite you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links