View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Do You Like Me, Lord?

Do You Like Me, Lord?

Psalm 18:17-19: “He delighted in me” (v.19).

“Do you like me, Lord?” I wrote in my journal. “You love me, I know, but do you like me? Show me in your Word where it indicates that you like me?”

Early one morning, a year later, I sat down to study at my desk. Something I read caught my eye. “He rescued me, because he delighted in me.” (Ps. 18:19)

“That’s really nice,” I thought. I exchanged the “he” to “I” and the “me” to “you”. “I rescued you, because I delighted in you.” The dictionary defines delight in as “to incline to, to be pleased with, to favor, to like.”

I grabbed my journal and pinned these words: “Thank you, God. You answered my prayer, the longing of my heart. Something inside me is opening …unclenching …flying! When I was a child, someone close to me said he would not love me if I were not in his family. In my childish mind I determined I was loved out of duty, and not because I was worth liking. I must have transferred this belief to you. Now I see that you actually want to like me. Thank you.”

God loves me. God loves you. He likes us, too.

Lord, thank you for delighting in me.

Joan C. Webb
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links