View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
yukonm
Administrator

November 9

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Though the family does not fully agree with dad's spiritual activities, they should let him have his head. Even if he displays a certain amount of neglect and irresponsibility towards the family, it is well to let him go as far as he likes in helping other alcoholics. During those first days of convalescence, this will do more to insure his sobriety than anything else. Though some of his manifestations are alarming and disagreeable, we think dad will be on a firmer foundation than the man who is placing business or professional success ahead of spiritual development. He will be less likely to drink again, and anything is preferable to that. - Pgs. 129-130 - The Family Afterward

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Service to another addict/alcoholic or to our group can help calm us when the jitters get rough. Think of one other fellow recoverer who also seemed jittery at the last meeting or maybe didn't show up. You can get in touch with them today and ask if you can help.

God, as I understand You, give me the right words to comfort or to encourage a fellow recoverer.

Learning

Today, I do not accept other people's truth as my truth. Even if what they believe seems better or more obvious, I need to give myself credit for feeling and seeing what I feel and see. Learning is meaningful to me as it relates to or is understood within the workings of my own mind. Without something in me making it relevant, learning is very disconnected. I am the learner behind the information; I am the seer behind the seen. I learn by direct experience.

I learn to trust the perceptions that I gain from my own observation of life.
- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

'The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.' ~Albert Einstein

When my problems are significant and my program isn't working, I work my sponsor's program for awhile.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

The Steps are your daily bread, not cake for special occasions.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I am fully alive, fully open to all there is, knowing that I can handle all that is coming my way.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Alcoholism is the only disease they lock you up for. Anon.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote