View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 02:37 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wednesday, June 11, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Our Security Blanket

Turning to food when we are afraid is a tendency shared by many of us. Since being fed reassured us as infants and children, we compulsive overeaters reach for something to eat when we are anxious or apprehensive. When the anxiety does not disappear, we eat more.

The desire for security is basic to all of us. Unfortunately, we often look for it in the wrong places. A fortress of fat is not much protection against the hurts and dangers to which we are all vulnerable as human beings. Overeating does not keep us safe from real or imagined threats.

We need to accept the fact that there is no such thing as absolute security. All of us are mortal and subject to hazards and destruction. Paradoxically, our security consists in relinquishing our lives to the care of our Higher Power. When we feel safely centered in Him, we have the courage to take risks and give up our worn-out security blankets.

I trust You to care for me, Lord.
My security blanket in today, is knowing that my God is near and all I have to do is turn to Him/Her. My God reveals Himself to me each day. I can see Him doing for me, what I couldn't do for myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote