View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

Bend your knees not your elbows.

No alcoholic dies in vain, they carry a message to other alcoholics.

We may have very few material things, but we can be rich in terms of spiritual values, enjoying life.

Rationalization and denial are part of the alcoholic's illness.

A.A. has no fixed address, we take it with us wherever we go.

The past is a place of reference, not a place of residency.

Freedom comes from surrendering.

We judge ourselves by our intentions, others judge us by our actions.

Alcoholism is a threefold illness; mental, physical and spiritual.

The best time to begin working the A.A. program is right now.

Recovery = work in progress.

We only have to change one thing - EVERYTHING

Thank God for A.A.

A.A. has no fixed address; we can take it with us where ever we go.

A smile in a meeting may be just the message a newcomer may need.

A.A. got started by one drunk talking to another about alcohol, and the process still works and that is how A.A. grows.

A.A. has a wrench to fit every nut that walks through the door, the 12 Steps are the key to getting that wrench to work right.

A.A. is a Fellowship founded upon equality--one drunk talking to, never down, to another.

A.A. is the only place where you can walk into a room full of strangers and reminisce.

Alcohol was our failed solution to our problem so when taken away we still have the problem, us.

A.A. may not add years to our lives, but it certainly adds life to our years.

A.A. works upon the novel principle that a recovered alcoholic can reach and treat a fellow sufferer as no one else can and in so doing, the recovered alcoholic maintains his own sobriety.

Alcohol produces more misery than it relives, it causes more accidents than it prevents; it costs more money and breaks more hearts and minds than any other one substance known to man.

Alcohol has a definite color scheme; it gives you a red nose, a black eye, a white liver, a yellow streak, and a blue outlook.

If our lives didn’t get better, why would we want to stay sober, if all we had to look forward to was restlessness, irritability and discontentment, why do the work, A.A. offers so much more than just freedom from alcohol, it offers a new way of living, far more beautiful than anything we ever could have imagined, that’s why we take the Steps, and that’s why we take them again and again.

Alcoholics can be so rich that they can buy anything, but there’s 1 thing they cannot afford, anger. (I'll add resentments also.)

Alcoholics refuse to give up a life of failure without a fight.

Alcoholics do not deliberately try to drink themselves into trouble, but trouble seems to be the inevitable consequence of an alcoholic’s drinking

Alcoholism has been labeled as a family illness in that each member of the family feels the impact of having an alcoholic parent or spouse.

Alcoholism, if fought by self-well will always win.

Alcoholism is a physical and a mental illness which only a spiritual experience will conquer.

Alcoholism seeks precedence over our relationship with God.

If our lives are to be changed, our thinking needs to be changed.

If all else fails, why not try God?

Amends are best made to our loved ones by restoring the love, confidence and respect they once had for us by the action of right living today.

The most convincing message we can carry to other alcoholics is our own example of contented sobriety.

It is never to late to start.

You recover at your own rate, not in your time, In God's time.

Don't count time, make time count.

TIME = Things I Must Earn

When I was using I walked 25 miles into the forest, One day at a time....the 12 steps will lead me out.

I need to be in a meeting for 1 1/2 hours so I can learn to live the other 22 1/2 hours.

If you don't keep coming, then your going to keep going.

Clean time does not equal recovery.

Please be patient, You are not a finished product, God is not through with you.

Addiction is a disease of isolation and loneliness.

The suffering of an alcoholic is not only the suffering of an individual but of all those related to him, especially those in his immediate family.

The insanity of alcoholism begins before the first drink.

We must look inside to find our problem.

The 12 Steps and 12 Traditions are like 24 wrenches to fit any size nut that walks in through the doors of our program. Mark Kostew

For the newcomer: "Enjoy your ride on the pink cloud, but make sure you`ve got a parachute on, so that when the cloud dissipates, you can float to earth, not crash and burn".

"AA saved my life, and has given me life to live."

"Coffee maker is the best job in AA."

"I ain`t what I could be, ain`t what I should be, but I`m alot better than I used to be."

"The God in me recognizes the God in you."

"If you can help - help. If you can`t - don`t hurt."
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote