View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

First off my friend, there is no such thing as only 8 months. It is one day at a time for 8 months, one day at a time.

As my spiritual adviser use to say, "If you woke up before 9:03 a.m. you have more sobriety than I have." I may have a few more 24 hours put together, and you would think I would get it right. It is still a program of practice, practice, practice. That is why I share here, all I have is today. If I utilize the program and accept the gifts that it gives me, then I believe I will stay sober for today. If I start putting the tools aside to make room for something or someone else, then I am setting myself up for relapse. I might get away with it for a while, but eventually it will catch up with me and I will find myself at a bar with a rye and coke in front of me or having a glass of wine with a meal.

Sounds like an awesome group. The group I started at the request of Hamilton Housing, was for 7 meetings in 6 days. I was a part of it for 7 years and handed it over to two members and went back to school.

I still do the Serenity Prayer, followed by the third and seventh Step prayers. In the Big Book, the Amen doesn't appear until after the 7th, so that makes me believe they belong together.

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.
Thy will, not mine be done.
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 41

3rd Step Prayer

God, I offer myself to Thee--to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of Life. May I do Thy will always!
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 63

7th Step Prayer

My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me the strength, as I go out from here, to do your bidding. Amen.
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 76

Thank you for sharing, you give me food for thought too.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: