Thread: The Daily Walk
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default The Daily Walk

The Daily Walk Part 1 - God’s Network

by Gail Rodgers
It was the wee hours of the morning. I sat by myself in the waiting room of the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit. Other family members were taking their turn by the bed inside.

Our plans for the week had taken a sudden, unexpected turn with one phone call. We drove through the night snowstorm to be by the bedside of a dying parent. I sat tired and restless, the magazines on the table held little interest. World news on the television felt insignificant in this moment.
The busy waiting room was almost empty now. Only two other women remained. Their conversation was easily overheard. One was reading Bible verses to the other and they were talking of God’s strength and peace in their own time of crisis.
I listened; refreshed in my own heart by the verses they shared. Finally I got up and went across to them. “I can tell you love the same Jesus I do”, I said to them. For the next little while we talked, not as strangers, but as friends. We prayed with each other and for each other in our separate situations…and our hearts were comforted.
The waiting room began to fill again. My new friends were called to speak with a doctor. As I settled back in my chair I was aware of God’s gentle care in putting His children around me. I thought of a Bible verse.
“So in Christ we who are many form one body and each member belongs to all the others.” Romans 12:5
What a thought! We, as Christians belong to one another. In this moment of crisis, God carved out a few quiet moments to allow that belonging to be experienced. His comfort and peace were so real as He allowed His children to connect so He could touch our hearts when we most needed it.
As a Christian you are a part of God’s network. You belong to other believers and they belong to you. Watch today for opportunities to be a part of God’s network. Ask Him to bring others of the family of God into your path to encourage… and to be encouraged by.
Its how He brings strength to His children so we can be comforted and encouraged and show the watching world around us that it makes such a difference to know Him!
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Thank you that nothing in my day or my life goes unnoticed by You! Thank you that You have given us each other as believers. Give me a greater sense today of being a part of the family of God. Use me, in Your great network, to touch or to be touched by a brother or sister in the faith.
In Jesus strong name I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links