View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

Sinner's Prayer

If you would like to receive Jesus into your heart and be born-again of the Spirit of God, you need to come to Him and ask. Believe that He who made you can hear you, and repeat this prayer directly to Him from the bottom of your heart:

Dear Heavenly Father, have mercy upon my soul, for I am a sinner. I believe that You sent your son, Jesus Christ, to become flesh on this earth, and that He died on the cross and shed His blood for the forgiveness of my sins. I believe that Jesus rose from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit and that He sits at Your right hand, making intercession for me.

Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and wash all my sins away with Your blood. I invite you into my heart to be my personal Savior.

Your Word says that You will turn no one away, and that includes me. Therefore, I know you have heard me, and I know you have answered me, and I know that I am saved.

Thank you, Jesus, for saving my soul.
http://www.alphaandomega.net/Sinner's_Prayer.htm

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

SINNERS PRAYER

There is not a set prayer for us to pray to be saved. Basically, we need to pray in earnest and reverence to the One and only sovereign God. Some guidelines for this prayer include:

Acknowledgement of God as the God of the universe.

Acknowledgement that you are a sinner and have fallen short of what God expects of you.

Ask God to forgive your sins by the grace of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Ask God to come into your heart and dwell there.

Make an oath with God that you will turn from sin and towards

His holy purpose for your life.

You might simply pray this prayer:

God, I realize and acknowledge that You are the sovereign God of the universe, and that there are no other gods before You. I know that I am a sinner and do not deserve Your grace. God, I ask Your forgiveness of my sins and ask You to come into my life and heart and stay with me always. I thank you for Your sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus Christ, on the cross in atonement for our sins. Lord, I promise to turn my life away from sin and toward Your holy purpose for my life. In Christ's most holy name I pray. Amen.

Another version:

Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I know that I need You. I admit I'm a sinner, and I realize I cannot save myself. Thank You for dying on the cross so that I could be forgiven and have eternal life. I open the door to my heart and life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Please take control of my life, and give me Your pardon and peace and joy. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for hearing and answering my prayer, and for coming into my heart and life as You promised You would in the Bible. Amen.

The prayer below is the version thought to be used in AA in the very early days:

Father, I come to you in Jesus' name. Lord Jesus, I am sorry for my sins. Please forgive my for every wrong I've ever done. I thank you for dying on the cross in my place. I ask You to come into my heart. Be the Lord of my life. And I will love You and serve You till you take me home. Amen.
--Received in email
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: