View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 04:56 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 3

Morning Prayer

God, thank you for the gift of family and friends.
Holding them in my heart is one of the most precious things I can never get tired of.
Bless everyone, for they deserve all goodness You have given to me.
If I may do something wrong today, please forgive me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Am I deeply grateful to A.A. for what it has done for me in regaining my sobriety and opening up an entirely new life for me?

A.A. has made it possible for me to carry on other interests in business and in various other associations with people. It has made a full life possible for me. It would perhaps be wrong if all my activities were limited to A.A. work. It has made a well-rounded life possible for me in work, in play, and in hobbies of various kinds.
But will I desert A.A. because of this? Will I accept a diploma and become a graduate of A.A.?

So ............

Do I realize that I could have nothing worthwhile without A.A.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Letting Go of Chaos

Sometimes, unrest, fear, anger, or sadness may motivate us. These feelings are sometimes intended to compel action. But our best work emerges after these feelings have been replaced by peace. We will not accomplish our task any sooner, or any better, by performing it out of a sense of urgency, fear, anger, or sadness.

Let go of unrest. Let peace fill the void. We do not have to forfeit our power, our God given personal power - or our peace - to do the work as we are called upon to do today. We will be given all the power we need to do what we are meant to do, when it is time.

Let peace come first. Then proceed. The task will get done, naturally and on time. With the lack of stress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Describing Spiritual Principles

Stress the spiritual feature freely. If the man be agnostic or atheist, make it emphatic that he does not have to agree with your conception of God. He can choose any conception he likes, provided it makes sense to him. The main thing is that he be willing to believe in a Power greater than himself and that he live by spiritual principles.

When dealing with such a person, you had better use everyday language to describe spiritual principles. There is no use arousing any prejudice he may have against certain theological terms and conceptions about which he may already be confused. Don't raise such issues, no matter what your own convictions are.

Alcoholics Anonymous page 93

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“The first principle of life is love. The second principle is kindness. The third principle is compassion. The fourth principle is trust. The firth principle is integrity.” -- Debasish Mridha
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote