Old 01-22-2014, 01:11 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Appreciating Our Past

Quote:
Wednesday, January 22, 2014

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Appreciating Our Past

It is easy to be negative about past mistakes and unhappiness. But it is much more healing to look at ourselves and our past in the light of experience, acceptance, and growth. Our past is a series of lessons that advance us to higher levels of living and loving.

The relationships we entered, stayed in, or ended taught us necessary lessons. Some of us have emerged from the most painful circumstances with strong insights about who we are and what we want.

Our mistakes? Necessary. Our frustrations, failures, and sometimes-stumbling attempts at growth and progress? Necessary too.

Each step of the way, we learned. We went through exactly the experiences we needed to, to become who we are today. Each step of the way, we progressed.

Is our past a mistake? No. The only mistake we can make is mistaking that for the truth.

Today, God, help me let go of negative thoughts I may be harboring about my past circumstances or relationships. I can accept, with gratitude, all that has brought me to today
It is all good, but this is a great ponderism.

Is our past a mistake? No. The only mistake we can make is mistaking that for the truth.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links